Resource breaks

Resource breaks

Postby tmp1991 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I have a query around applying breaks to resources. I have a nurse resource in my model that follow shift patterns. Therefore there are nurses starting and ending their shift at different times of the day. They usually go on a 30 minute break after about 4-5 hours of their shift starting but not all of the nurses available would go on a break at the same time.

I have tried to do this using the availability option, by entering a distribution for the time between breaks. However, this may sometimes cause more than one nurse to go on a break at the same time.

I have also tried to do this using actual shifts, where I would create multiple shifts that does not include the break times (e.g. If the break is at 12pm for a shift from 8am-5pm, I would create two shifts from 8am-12pm and then 12.30pm-5pm). However this is not possible as I am using the individuality option in some activities. This means the same individual nurse has to see a particular patient at two activities. Therefore the patient would wait for that resource to finish their break for the second activity.

I'd appreciate any help on how I can model this! Thanks in advance

Return to “SIMUL8 Cafe”