Page 1 of 1

40% Chance Each Item Breaks and is Moved Before Completion by Activity

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:03 am
by Daerek
Hi everybody, I hope everything is going well for you. I was wondering if you could help me with a problem in my simulation.

There are work items moving through my simulation and activities working on them. Each item already has a randomly generated activity time at the start of the simulation. However the problem is each of my work items can break during a activity at any time. There is a 60% chance my work item finishes in my activity successfully. There is a 40% chance my work item breaks during a activity. If the item breaks, it breaks at any random time before it's activity is supposed to finish. Additionally, when them item breaks it is sent somewhere else.

So basically, I was wondering is someone can tell me how can I implement each of my work item to have a 40% chance to exit the activity at a random time before the operation time is complete? Thus simulating the each item having a 40% chance to break and put to the side.

Thank you.