Label based Routing problem

Postby cjj_1991 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Hey guys, im pretty new to simul8 but im trying to set up a system to show mental health patients going through the process. I have two different starting points, patients who need 2 practitioners and patients who need 1 and I have 2 practioners available from 9-5, 5 days a week. When they arrive they will then have an initial assessment with either 1 or 2 practioners depending on their type and will then continue to have interventions, again with either 1 or 2 practioners.

My problem is that if I have an arrival who needs 2 practioners, but there is only 1 available at the time, then later on there is an arrival who only needs 1 practioner and there is still only 1 available, that second arrival will be seen first, instead of waiting for both practioners to become available. This was because I had a queue set up for those who only needed 1 practioner, and another queue for those who needed 2. Therefore I set up label based routing so it starts off with only one queue, but because at the end of the label based routing, the activity has to be split off the multiple queues again, I still end up with the same problem that the patient requiring one practitioner will be seen before the one needing 2, even if they have been waiting much longer.

I would appreciate any help with this matter as I am out of ideas.

Postby Albertogltd » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:30 pm

You can simply define multiple routing rules based on the Source AE Title information. For example, you can define Routing Rule #1 with the Source AE Title matching GE to be routed the Destination AE 1, and Routing Rule#2 with Source AE Title matching Agfa to be routed to Destination AE #2, etc.
Time-tested gold trading system for self-earnings

Return to “SIMUL8 Cafe”