Bed numbers

Bed numbers

Postby dbeckett » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:48 am

Dear All

I'm very very new to Simul8 so please excuse my ignorance if this is a daft question

I am trying to model an Acute Medical Unit and can't work out the best way of including hospital beds so that I can adjust the numbers in the unit and assess the impact. Should I have them as a resource? I've had a look through the forums but can't find anything simple enough for me to understand!

I appreciate any 'tips for beginners'

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Bed numbers

Postby gillyh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi Dan,
I would model them as activities and use the replicate function. You can then allocate efficiency as a group. You could also segment groups of beds to take different LOS patients. Removing or adding beds is a relatively straightforward activity :)

Gilly

Re: Bed numbers

Postby jholtman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:18 pm

You can model the beds a resources that are assigned to a patient at some point in the work flow and then released later. This would be important if the patient has to go through several activities while they are in hospital and you need to keep the bed; eg.g, going for lab tests or surgery. So you can allocated the resource to the patient (workitem) at some point and then release the bed later in the processing stream.
Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru
jholtman (at) gmail (dot) com
What is the problem you are trying to solve?
Tell me what you want to do, not how you want to do it.

Return to “SIMUL8 Cafe”