Two queues with one mandatory for part of population and optional for the remaining

Two queues with one mandatory for part of population and optional for the remaining

Postby jfomarques » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Does anyone know how to set up a model that has two queues A and B. 20% of the entering population must use queue B and the remaining 80% can use the one with less queue.

I currently have set it up forcing 20% to use A and 80% to use B, but need to change it as I described.
Any one knows how to do this?

Thanks

Re: Two queues with one mandatory for part of population and optional for the remaining

Postby jholtman » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Setup the routing to 20% to the first queue and then 80% to a workcenter with an operation time of zero that will route out to the queue with the shortest length.
Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru
jholtman (at) gmail (dot) com
What is the problem you are trying to solve?
Tell me what you want to do, not how you want to do it.


Return to “SIMUL8 Cafe”